Pages

Monday, August 24, 2015

ACCESSORIZING WITH VINTAGE PIECES

Hi!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  The weather was perfect.  Trying not to think about it -but as we are getting closer to Labor Day, it's a gentle reminder that Fall is right behind us.

If you noticed, I've given my blog site a little make-over.  The hope is to do revamp the look with added details before year end (we shall see).  Hope you enjoy the simplistic, yet feminine look as much as I do.  The touches of pale pink, in my home office, inspired the new look on my blog page.

More touches of pink can be found in our home.  Specifically, the lovely spray roses I purchased last week.  When I saw them, I knew immediately how I wanted to arrange them.  My sister was antique shopping a few weeks ago and picked up this pedestal bowl for me.

Accessorizing with florals in pink colors is subtle enough that it won't upset the man in your life.

This bowl is universal - use it to hold trinkets; for bathroom necessities (cotton balls, Q-tips); store your favorite candy; or a nothing at all.

Taking the top off, I created a floral arrangement, using the pink spray roses.  Because the roses are small and abundant, they fit perfectly in the pedestal bowl.

Take a look at this vintage piece (with top):



Here's another look - using this vintage piece to make a floral arrangement:











I hope I've inspired you to take a look around your home and find the many uses of some of your existing home accessories.

xo,




No comments:

Post a Comment