Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Our wedding


On October 26, 2008, I married (at age 35!) my love, John. I have to tell you, I was adamant about having an outdoor ceremony. The location was in Stony Point, NY (upstate) and the fall foliage was breathtaking. The day before my wedding, it was the worst weather ever! The rain and wind were in full force and not letting up. I prayed that it would stop in time for the next day. Well, after all the rain washed away, my wedding day was picture perfect. Not a cloud in the sky and the weather was near 70 degrees!


My pastor from childhood, married us and I couldn't have been happier (although my nerves started to act up when I was ready to walk down the aisle). We had an intimate wedding (only close friends and family members); no bridal party (only my sister as my maid of honor; the best man and flower girl).


Our photographer (Rick Helman) was amazing! He took us to three locations (the park, a train track and an old textile factory). It was so much fun! We felt like actors on a set. The pictures truly show Rick's photography talent.

























































2 comments: