Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

CINCO DE MAYO: Healthy Recipes

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!  Today, I'm also celebrating my anniversary at work. Whoot. Whoot!

If your plans are to stay home and celebrate, here are some delicious looking recipes, inspired by Cinco de Mayo.  And, they are on the healthy side!

Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Kale Quesadillas


One of my favorite Mexican dishes are quesadillas.  This recipe is not your standard quesadillas but looks so good.  This vegetarian dish is something I definitely have try making!

You can find the recipe via Cookie Monster Cooking (love the name).

Chicken, Chickpea and Mango Salad with Cumin Dressing

Via Cookie Monster Cooking

This colorful and healthy dish is perfect for salad lovers.  I prefer my red onions finely chopped.


Clean Eating Cilantro Salsa

Recipe via The Gracious Pantry

I love anything made with cilantro.  This salsa recipe is making my mouth water!  This would go great with shrimp or chicken.  And, of course, tortilla chips.

Grilled Shrimp Tacos

Recipe via Real Simple
These grilled shrimp tacos are small and great for a light dinner.  You can skip the sour cream (which I would) for a healthier version.  I would create a nice lime vinaigrette for this dish.

Enjoy!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment