Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

LANDSCAPING HOME PROJECT: Garden Pond

Hi!  Hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial weekend.  It's nice to have the time off and the weather did not disappoint.

Yes, it's been a while since I have been consistent with blogging.  Let's just say, life kept me busy and my priorities were focused elsewhere.  We have been training Monty, so my time has been dedicated to nightly practice sessions.  There's so many hours, where I can fit things into my evening. 

To be honest, feel guilty spending time away from my little family to blog.  As it stands, blogging is a hobby of mine and not my profession.  The more time I get to spend with them, the more I realize how important life is and how quickly it can pass me by.

So, what have I been up to?  For starters, we are enjoying the outdoors.  I'm taking full advantage of the gorgeous park I have across the street from our home.  After work, I race home to feed Monty and we take our walk in the park. It's also a great opportunity to get some exercise in.  If you follow me on Instagram, you saw the beautiful sunset shots I captured.

I love this time of the year and being outside is so relaxing.  Each year, we try to tackle a new project for the home (inside/outside).  My husband recently completed a new addition to the side yard - a pond.

While the side yard is no where near complete, the pond is fully operational and functioning.  When my husband told me he wanted a pond, I didn't care too much for the idea but now I love it.  It's so pretty and the waterfall creates such a tranquil sound.  He did a great job creating this vision; especially being his first time!  This added feature brings more life into our yard.  The little birds are enjoying it and Monty has taken interest (lol).

We recently purchased plants to add to the pond and it's coming along nicely.  Can't wait until it all fills in.  Take a look!


We plan on adding more plantings around the pond.











This side of the house will slowly be transformed.  I envision an arbor covered with roses, a path with stepping stones and a bench to sit by the pond.  Let's see . . .

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment