Pages

Monday, December 14, 2015

TEA TIME

Hi!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.  The weather this weekend was simply gorgeous with springtime temperatures.  I welcomed it with open arms and the more we can delay winter temperatures, the better I'll feel.

I took a couple of days off of work to spend with my sister, who was staying with me while getting her treatment in NYC.

Some exciting news to share about my sister's cancer treatment.  It's working!  While there is some growth in two areas (too small to be concerned), the other tumors have shrunk.  This definitely was great news to hear.  Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and prayers.

To celebrate and unwind, we headed to a tea room in my neighborhood.  I made reservations at Harmony Tea Room in Westwood, NJ.  I also wanted to experience afternoon tea at a tea room (London was too far - lol).  I thought it would be nice to spend it with my sister.  I also invited my mother-in-law - who was a trooper because she's a coffee drinker (lol).


How darling are the tea pot covers.


I love the mixed arrangement of plates on this three tier tray stand.



A Tea Story and tea options available.


My choice of tea was the Icewine (heavenly)
How adorable is this light fixture?  A tea pot, tea cups and plates sitting on a table
My sister's pick was one of the specials of the day, "Coconut"
One of the best pumpkin and apple soups I've ever tasted.





We had such a nice afternoon at Harmony Tea Room.  They did not rush you out and it felt so calming and relaxing.   The food was amazing!!!  It was the perfect little escape from all the hustle and bustle.  I look forward to visiting again.

xo,


No comments:

Post a Comment