Pages

Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Tablescape for 2012

I love the holidays.  Besides the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to get their shopping done, dealing with traffic and annoying lines, it's a time for family and friends to be together.  I also love to decorate!  My inspiration comes from looking at other people's blogs, magazines, stores, etc. . . . it gets my creative juices flowing.  Which brings me to my dining room tablescape.

I purchased a few new items this season and kinda knew which direction I was going to go into when decorating the table.  We recently updated our dining room (adding crown molding, chair rail, frames and a new paint color).  So for me, this was a brand new room. 

Some prints we have in our dining room was my jumping off point on what the color scheme would be.  While I love silver, I've been seeing a lot of gold and brass this season.  And, mercury glass is everywhere in the stores.  I wanted to see if I can mix the two.  Once I started laying everything out, ideas started to come to mind.  So, here is the finished product!

Note:  I purchased the glass candle holders from Pottery Barn a couple of years ago and they are still in stores.  The candles are also from Pottery Barn (on sale too).  The tapered candles are from Crate and Barrel, as well as the plates. The acorn glass ornaments are from West Elm, as well as the birds.  The silver reindeer is from ZGallerie.  The gold tags are from The Container Store.  And, the runner is from Michael's Craft Store.  The black tablecloth is from Bed, Bath and Beyond.  The lights are from IKEA and the garland is from Home Depot (real).












No comments:

Post a Comment