Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

GUEST BEDROOM DESIGN PROJECT

Hi.  I can't believe it's been over two weeks since my last post (sorry readers).  Work, commuting and home have been occupying my time.

Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.  Ours was a wash, with rain the entire weekend.  But, the advantage was being able to get projects done, inside the house.  My husband has been working on our master bathroom; re-grouting the shower and floor surround.  No easy task but will be happy once it's done and cleaned up.

I've been working on the design for our guest room.  I wanted the space to be fitting for both male and female.  It started off with black, white and natural.  But, after staring at the space it was just a "blah" room.  Last week I found some pink pillow covers at IKEA and decided to incorporate some pink in the design.  Nothing to extreme but just enough to add some interest. Which left me thinking.  Is it okay to add pink to a unisex guest room??  Hell yeah - why not!

Not convinced?  Let's take a look at some gorgeous males, fashionably stylish in pink:


image via collegetimes.com

image via Lookastic

image via the thetieguy.tumblr.com

Leonardo DiCaprio in the Great Gatsby (image via telegraph.co.uk)

image via fashionolia.com

 Here's my design plan thus far:





Last on the list are window treatments.  I'm searching for fabric shades that won't break the bank.  Ugh, I wish I knew how to sew.

Looking forward to seeing the completed space.  I'll be sure to share sourcing details on the final project.

Thanks for stopping by. 

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment