Pages

Monday, September 21, 2015

DOG PARTY: Celebrating Monty's First Birthday

Hi!  So sorry for the lapse in posts.  I've been so busy these past couple of weeks; preparing for Monty's first birthday party.  And, to add to the craziness, we just added another pup to our family.  Things are a little overwhelming at the DiGiacinto household.  But grateful for it all!

I wanted to share with you some pictures of Monty's birthday, which we celebrated  last Saturday.  It was a fun idea and it was a great time to get together with family - even if they think I'm nuts.  Like my husband says, "I'm crazy but I do a great job".  Thanks honey.

For Monty's party, I incorporated some dog elements as well as keeping it adult friendly.  Navy, cream and greens were the color theme for this dog party.  Monty looked dapper in his bow tie, purchased from The Rover Boutique (http://theroverboutique.com). 


Baking sounded like a great idea at the time but late nights after work; baking and decorating was a lot of work. 


I think I went a little overboard, baking over 100 cookies and packaging them.



Wooden bone cutouts, painted by yours truly, decorated with a picture of the birthday boy, set the theme for this table setting.


I created this floral arrangement, using blue hydrangeas, yellow roses (could not find cream colored roses) and greenery. 


One of Monty's presents - wrapped up with the same color scheme.




The cake was such a great hit because it was decorated to look like Monty.  Credit goes to Anna of dogcakesfordogs.  She did an incredible job and was so great to work with.  Anna works out of NYC but ships worldwide.  The cake was shipped to my home in New Jersey (with a tracking number). It arrived in perfect condition and packed carefully.  We also received candles and a birthday hat for Mr. Monty.  

I wish I would have gotten a better picture with them together (Monty and the cake).  But Monty was all over the place, playing with his fur friends. 












Monty and my family had a great time. Monty literally passed out in the car ride back home. 
xo,

1 comment:

  1. So cute! The paw cookies came out great! Monty looked like he had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete