Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

FALL FASHION APPAREL: Plaid Coats and Giving Back

Hi!  Hope you enjoyed your weekend.  Mine was spent running around with list of errands and lots of Fall cleaning around the house.  I have lots of projects to keep me busy inside; especially with the cooler temperatures outside.

With the cooler weather here, I'm tempted by the new fashion designs out this season for coats (like I really need a new coat!!).  But, my interests lie in a specific type of coat design . . . plaid.   My style leans on a bit of the classic side and some of these prints fit into that category.

Here are some of my favorites:


Windowpane Car Coat (Anthropologie)
A favorite color combo I'm loving right now is navy and burgundy.  The wine color makes this coat so rich and the navy so classic.  I can see this paired with a business casual or the version shown here.

Brushed Plaid Coat - (Ann Taylor)
You can't go wrong with this black and white style.
Plaid Florence Coat - Madewell (on sale!)


Here's a more subtle pattern:

Stitched Windowpane Coat - Tory Burch (Bloomingdales)

Navy and orange - always a great combo!
Boucle Wool Coat (Zara)


Victoria Classic Notch Collar Tweed Coat - (Goodnight Macaroon)



I'm loving the tailored, classic look of this boyfriend coat.  The wide window pane design is simple yet stylish.

Christina Navy Blue Plaid Boyfriend Coat - (Goodnight Macaroon)
Here's a similar style with smaller window pane design.

Session Oncle Georges Coat in Check - (ASOS)

A plaid coat wouldn't be complete if not from Burberry:

Wool Blend Swing Coat (Burberry)
Check Virgin Wool Blend Pea Coat
This year I'll be giving back by donating some of my coats to New York Cares Coat Drive.   With the holidays this season, we have to remember there are those individuals who are less fortunate than us. Whatever the circumstances and disadvantages they have, giving to those in need will make a huge impact.


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment