Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

HOME OFFICE DESIGN UPDATE: Shades of Pink With Window Treatment and Accessories


 



Monogram by Everything Embroidered
 (Paramus Park Mall)


Loving my new pink throw purchased at TJ Maxx




***

It all started with "Phase One . . ." of my blog post, with the wallpaper installation in an empty - soon to be my home office.  You can read that post here.

Next, it was the "Home Office Updated Progress . . ." post seen here.  The cabinets were installed and I pulled everything together; minus a chair.

The last post, seen here, included the office chair and accessories.

It has been a long time coming.  Piecing it all together was worth all the effort and wait time.  I have learned from this experience, as well as other experiences, taking your time is key to creating the look you want.  If I rush into something, just to have it, I'm unhappy in the end or shortly thereafter.

The last phase of this home office design was the window treatment.  The owners at my local fabric store (Fabric King in Westwood) recommended a woman, Nancy Joudanin of Curtains Boutique.  Nancy specializes in custom window treatments.  So, after several calls later, a consult appointment, we were on our way to designing this window treatment.

I knew I wanted a soft roman shade in a pale pink fabric.  Finding the right shade of pink was pretty challenging.  There aren't many options for pink fabrics; especially soft or blush colored fabrics. . . surprising, I know!  After finding the fabric, receiving it and having it custom made, I decided I wanted to add a monogram to the shade.  Nancy recommended a place for me, since she was not able to do it herself.  Nancy also recommended adding beading to the bottom.  It's such a pretty detail to the overall design.

I absolutely love the way the roman shade came out.  It's the perfect piece to complete my home office.  Nancy was a joy to work with and communicated with me throughout the entire process.

For accessories, I found, the most perfect blush throw.  I have it over my chair and love to wrap myself around it, when blogging or surfing the web.

And, there you have it!  I think I can officially say, my office is complete!

Thanks for stopping by. . .  If you have any questions about this post, please feel free to comment.  I hope u enjoyed this journey with me and are inspired. 

xo,



3 comments:

  1. Those puppies are to die for! LOVE your home office

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love, love, love your office. It is sweet and delicate much like yourself. I totally concur with taking your time when doing a project to make sure it is to your likings. As always...job WELL Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the window treatment sis! It's a perfect choice for your space and the monogram is a special touch!

    ReplyDelete