Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

HOME DESIGN: The Guest Room

















Bianca White/Natural Duvet cover (Crate and Barrel); Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover - Rosette (West Elm) - no longer available in 18" shown but available in 24"; Dodie Animal Print Sham (Ballard Designs); headboard - Target (old); Artwork (West Elm - no longer available); RAST 3-drawer chest (Ikea) - stained and painted; Stockholm rug, flat woven (Ikea); Hunter side table in gold with marble top (One Kings Lane - no longer available); Valla large pendant light fixture (Quoizel); fabric shades (custom via Curtains Boutique).

. . . 

Happy hump day!  Today I'm sharing our guest room update.  If you follow me, I posted back in June, my design idea for this guest room project.  You can see that post here.

The mood board I designed looked like this:


The vision I wanted for this room was a gender neutral design.  The main furnishings in this room are cream and white with dark wood tones and black.  I incorporated touches of blush with a couple of accessories.  I can always change the color, if I wanted later on.  It's as simple as replacing a couple of toss pillows, candles and other accessories.  Metals in gold and silver add to the decor.  Don't limit yourself to silver or gold; mix it up!

Lastly, I worked with Nancy Joudanin from Curtains Boutique, to create custom fabric shades.  Nancy was a pleasure to work with and helped me pick fabric to compliment the space.  We picked a shade similar to the headboard since it's one of the main items in this room that wouldn't be getting replaced.

There's nothing more important, than making sure your guests feel as comfortable as possible.  And, enjoying the decor surroundings is as equally as important.  We previously had our guest room downstairs but moved it upstairs to a larger and brighter space.

While a majority of the room is complete, I would love to add a small accent chair to this guest room.  I also have a DIY mirror project I want to tackle in the Spring.  It's for a wall that's currently bare.  Finally, a slim console table to complete the look.

Thanks for stopping by.

xo,



No comments:

Post a Comment