Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THE NEW YEAR

Hello readers and Happy New Year!  Hope you all enjoyed the holiday break.  Some may feel energized with the new year, while others may be struggling to get back into the groove of our normal, everyday routines.

Over the weekend, it was "Operation Clean-up" on the home front.  All of the Christmas decorations were taken down and stored away.  Almost every room in our home received a major clean up and organization.  It felt good to accomplish these tasks, even though my back suffered (thank goodness for the chiropractor).

This year, we will be focusing on a few home projects, which are always fun!

Have you made any resolutions for this year?  I'm going to try my best to commit to something and stick with it.

Projects


  • One project has already begun for the new year . . . our master bedroom.  A fresh coat of paint in a light gray was done and more changes to come.  I look forward to showing you the reveal once it's completed.  Adding minor changes are sure to create a calm, serene look to the bedroom that I envision.   


  • In addition, we are also adding some new window treatments to the guest bedroom (custom fabric shades).


  • The projects don't end there.  Our walk-in closet is (hopefully), will be getting switched up a little to function better than the way it is now.  


  • I would also love to have our foyer and stairway landing painted in a lighter shade than what we have now.  


  • When the warmer weather rolls around, work on our side yard will begin.  


Goals


  • This year, my goal is to eat healthier and work-out.   I have been suffering with terrible back pain and slowly getting back into finding exercises that won't injure or aggravate my back.  I would love to get back into pilates or yoga again.
  • Smart shopping.  Spend less on frivolous things and invest in key pieces to carry me for years to come.  
  • Sell and/or donate the piles I have growing in our spare room.  Set a date and get it done!
  • Start a hobby.  I have been thinking about learning how to sew and also create my own monogramming.  
  • Spend more time with my family and friends.  Don't let every day life get in the way or what's really important.
  • Improve my blog.  I would love to dedicate more time on my blog and give it a make-over.  With 12 hour days away from home; this may be a challenge.
I look forward to sharing with you more decorating ideas, fashion looks, home decor and inspiration for you and me.

So, what's on the agenda for you this year?


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment