Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

DIY PROJECT: Sprucing up an Entryway Chest

Hi!  Hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.  We sure did!  We enjoyed the warm weather - Saturday hit 81 degrees!  While I enjoyed the warm weather, I actually wasn't ready for hot temperatures, so soon.  I really love the 60-70 degree weather in the Spring before Summer weather kicks in.  It was so nice to be outside, enjoying the day.  My husband spent time cleaning up the garden, wiping down the front porch and uncovering our adirondack chairs.  I'm on the hunt for new planters for our porch, since our old ones rotted out.  Stay tuned for that.

Today, I wanted to share with you a DIY project I worked on last weekend.  It was a simple little project that I have been meaning to tackle but didn't have the time until recently.  Lately, I'm all about freshening up the look in our home.

I took a two drawer chest we have in our entryway and painted the drawer fronts in a glossy white (Benjamin Moore, Chantilly Lace).  The chest was purchased from Overstock a few years ago (no longer available).  While this piece is not something I plan to have for many years to come (the quality is not the greatest), I wanted to change the look of it.  I also added new home accessories to the space.

I forgot to take a before picture but the chest was one color, in the dark wood.  The handles were black which I changed into a silver antique finish.



Before:  Black hardware.  I added an adhesive to the hardware before applying a wax metallic finish (in silver and gold).


After:








Changing the accessories really compliments the new look of this chest.



Loving my vintage Westmoreland Milk Glass Ivy Ball vase, purchased from my sister at Design by Occasion, Etsy shop.  





The taller, white vase was purchased at IKEA.  And, the silver bowl was purchased at Target (Nate Berkus) a couple of years ago.


West Elm marble cleat box.


 

Luxury candle purchased at HomeGoods.  It smells amazing and is packaged in a the cutest, quilted white box.










The next project for this space, hopefully, will be to repaint the entrance area. 

Xo,

1 comment: