Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Candle Obsession!!

Candle Obsession


 
I have a confession . . . I'm addicted to candles. 

If you look around my house, you will find candles in almost every room:  bathrooms, kitchen, family room (five in f. room) and bedrooms.  Those are the candles that are out.  Let's talk about the hiding spot my husband found in the guest bedroom closet.  Mr. D found my stash of candles and approached me the next day.  He said, "I went to put something away in the guest bedroom closet."  I replied, "ok".  He then asked, "Is there something you want to tell me?"  I replied, "No. What?"  He then said, "You have a large collection of candles hidden away."  When he went in the closet, he said to himself, "What the hell is this" (lol).  I said, "I know.  I have a problem . . . I love candles."  He agreed I have a problem (haha).

In my defense, I can't be the only one.  I know I'm not . . . my sister is a candle hoarder too!! (Sorry Rose). 

There's something about a beautiful glass jar or a tin and the design of the candle that draws me in. I love the packaging of a pretty box; like a gift waiting to be opened.  

But, I have to love the scent.  Scents I love are linen, vanilla, amber, fig, patchouli and sandalwood.   My favorites are Sandalwood et Vanille by Aquiesse; Cedarwood & Patchouli by StoneGlow; Baltic Amber and Crisp Champagne by Voluspa (that I always buy from Anthropologie); Esque by Northern Lights and Vanilla Quince Santal by Caldrea. 

And, with the holiday season, there are wonderful fragranced candles to choose from to set the mood for Thanksgiving and Christmas (a few displayed above).

Wishing everyone a Happy Friday!  Enjoy the weekend . . .  go out and buy a candle!



 

1 comment: