Pages

Monday, May 5, 2014

CINCO DE MAYO TABLE SETTING

Happy Cinco de Mayo!  It's a festive holiday in Mexico and for us in the states, it's an excuse to join in the festivities, eating and drinking Mexican inspired dishes and drinks.  

While I won't be decorating my table this day, I wanted to create a look (if I had decorated).  For this look, I chose vibrant  colors fitting for a Cinco De Mayo celebration. 


Details below:
Table runner via Embroidery Inc.
Inspired by traditional Mexican Talavera pottery.


Melamine plate via Distinctive-Décor.com / Lavender Yellow cotton napkin via IDreamofFrance.com


Vibrant colors like these are perfect for a Cinco de Mayo table.
Flower arrangement image via Francoiseweeks.com
 
 What good is a decorated table without a few drinks?  Here are a couple that I'd like to try:

Recipes via Saveur: (image 1) and (image 2)
Yummy chicken taco dish!
Chipotle Chicken Tacos with Potatoes and Guacamole
And, let's not forget about dessert: 

Dulce de leche cake
xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment