Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

CANDLE ART

If you follow my blog, you know I've mentioned, my love for candles.  So, I wanted to share my new candle, purchased this past weekend. 

Mr. D and I attended the Nyack Street Festival over the weekend in Nyack, New York.  It's such a great place to visit.  Lots of cute shops and antique stores and restaurants.  And, it's by the water . . . doesn't get any better than that.  There were over 250 vendors selling items from crafts to candles to jewelry and foods.

Of course, I stopped at every candle vendor.  One, in particular stopped me in my tracks.  Company is called New York Candlesmith.  The woman there showed me how she makes these pieces of art, I like to call them.  It's a process of wax dipping, using an array of colors and carving each candle to a beautiful design.  I told her they were too pretty to burn.  She agreed.  When she was talking about the process, you can tell how passionate she was about this product.   She loves what she does.  How many of us can say, we LOVE our job. 

After deciding on what color to pick, I found one that goes with the décor in our family room.  Here's what the hubby bought for me!





I don't think I will be burning this beauty.  I was told I could burn it a little ways and then add a tea light, so I can still have the candle design.

The company is called New York Candlesmith.  The website is in the works, so keep checking.  It's supposed to launch soon. 

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment