Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DECORATING WITH ORNAMENTS

We purchased our Christmas tree over the weekend. With that came the job of pulling out the Christmas bins we had stored away.

I purchased a few new ornaments to hang on our tree. I don't have any "family" ornaments passed down to me, so my collection increases each year. I also like to use my ornaments in different places each year. For example, depending on my tablescape theme and color, I will use ornaments for the table display. 

There are many ways to decorate with ornaments. Your are not limited to just the tree. You can use ornaments to decorate a bowl for an easy holiday display; use it to decorate a wreath; decorate a lantern, vase or jar; use them as name tag holders; use them as an accessory when wrapping presents and decorate your mantle.  These are just some examples.  The ideas of displaying your ornaments are endless.   

Here are some great inspiration pictures to give you ideas.
Love this display (image via Ten June blog found here)
 


So simple and elegant with the glass domes (image via website here)



Image via BHG here






You can create glass ball topiaries (image via here)




image via website here


image via website here


Have you decorated your tree?  What are some other uses for displaying your ornaments?

I'm still adding the final touches to our tree and hope to share them with you this week.  Here's a sneak peek at what I've added so far.


Ornament (ball on left from Bloomingdales); other ornament I don't recall


Ornament (paper mache ball) from Pottery Barn and frosted glass icicle purchased last year


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment