Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

FAMILY TIME


 
Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend?  We had a pretty busy weekend with family in town; hosting a birthday dinner for my dad and mother-in-law (both birthdays a week a part).

With all the running around shopping and preparing, I managed to relax and enjoy the time around  my family.  These are memories I hold dear to my heart.  I love sitting around the table; telling stories, listening, laughing and sharing.  One funny story was educating my dad and my mother-in-law about the word "hashtag" (#).  Once they understood, my dad started to use the hashtag symbol (making the hashtag symbol with his fingers).  It was so funny!  You have to know, my dad is not up to date with technology.  He doesn't own a computer and he doesn't have a smartphone.  So, for him to start hashtagging was BIG!

Overall, it was a beautiful weekend.  Here are some pictures of the birthday folks.


Added letter stickers to the balloons
 


Setting up the table before an early dinner; lighting the votive candles.

My lovely sister captured this photo.  Love how the sunlight came through.



Chocolate cake with raspberry filling . . . yum!


Me and Daddy-O

Me and my mother-in-law
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment