Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

SETTING THE TABLE IN STYLE WITH IKEA DINING ESSENTIALS

Earlier this week, I visited my local IKEA store to purchase some items for a project I'm working on for my home office (details to come later). 

While browsing their dining section, I was amazed by some of their dinnerware, textiles  glassware.  Take for example, their black and white dinnerware collection.  Such fun and creative patterns to mix and match for your own unique look.  Add in another color to create a trio effect.

So, I decided to create some looks of my own to inspire you, if you're in the need for some new dining essentials. 

My first look, in the black and white collection, was a fab black and white stripe dinner plate (almost charger plate sized).  I paired it with a simple white plate and finished it off with a turquoise blue  plate for a splash of color.  Layer that look with a runner in the same color palette; add smoky black glassware and finish it off with silver and black flatware.

1// Tickar Plate (black and white stripe)
2// UNDIS Table-runner
3// Ikea 365+ plate in white
4// GODTA side plate
5// BEDARANDE Red Wine Glass
6//  MOGEN flatware in black

My second look is a classic black and white design for a more sophisticated table setting. The jumping off point was this fabulous fabric in a black spotted design.  You can purchase the fabric to create a tablecloth or runner.  Next, are other patterns in black and white: two tone plate (kinda reminds me of the traditional black and white cookie); and a solid black plate with white dot center.  You can choose one design or mix and match to add interest.  I used the same smoky black glass and paired it with silver flatware.  This look would also look amazing if paired with gold flatware and gold accents.

1//  TICKAR plate
2// TRADKLOVER fabric
3//  TICKAR side plate
4//  Ikea 365+
5//  SEDLIG flatware
6//  BEDARANDE red wine glass
Another fun design I spotted, while visiting the store was dinnerware in orange.  If you follow me, you saw Monday's weekly post, "Inspiration Color of the Week was Orange".  I wasn't able to create an inspiration board for you, as I wasn't able to find the items online.  But I took this snapshot with my iphone. 


Visit a store near you to see more of their products.  Or, check out their website here.

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment