Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

SIMPLE AND EASY DIY PROJECT: ACCESSORIES FOR HOME OFFICE

While I don't want to jinx myself, I'm in the home stretch of completing the install of my home office.  When I finally do a post for the reveal, I'll share with you the frustration and delays involved. 

In the meantime, I've been busy being creative with some accessories to help decorate the space.

For this easy DIY project, I found decorative pieces of wood and letters at my local Jo Ann's store. You can be creative with letters and display them in a family room or child's room.   For this simple project, I started by lightly sanding both pieces and primed both.  I had to sand again to make sure the wood was smooth.  Next, choosing paint colors.  For the decorative plate, I painted a high gloss in Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace.  For my initial "J", I used Martha Stewart's Metallic paint in Vintage Bronze.  I didn't bother with painting the backs since no one would see them (see below).  I finished the look by gluing same and displaying it on a small picture stand.

This is a glimpse of my color palette for my home office.
xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment