Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HOSTING AN OUTSIDE GATHERING: CREATING A TABLEWARE LOOK

This past weekend, we had a couple of friends over for a BBQ.  It was an intimate gathering; my husband's best friend was introducing us to her fiancĂ©.  It was a great chance to meet him, catch up and hang out.

Even though this was a small gathering, it gave me an excuse to create an outside tablescape.  I decided I wanted to cover the outside table but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a tablecloth.  A runner wouldn't work on our square table.  So, I hit Jo Ann's store in search of fabric that would go great outdoors; something causal but fab.

I found this taupe/brown and white checkered pattern.  Only problem: I needed to do some alternations to fit on my table.  Let me just mention, I don't own a sewing machine and I can't even sew a button (nicely).  But, if you're like me, they make a great no sew product.  It's fabric tape that you iron with.  Works great!  I have rolls of it.  To finish off the look, I added some ribbon as trim.
Fabric and ribbon purchased at Jo Ann's fabric. 
The image on the right is a better depiction of the color tablecloth and ribbon.







Have any mason jars?  Why not dress them up. 
Here, I added some striped string, tags and alphabet stickers to create a personalized look. 
 

Create a summer drink like the one above.  Found this drink recipe from BHG (lemon thyme, peach nectar).  We added a little Capitan Morgan white rum to spice it up.





 
 

 
 


It was so much fun creating this look and sharing it with friends.  I hope I've inspired you to create your own look for the outdoors.

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment