Pages

Monday, June 30, 2014

INSPIRATION COLOR OF THE WEEK: RED

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We had a couple of friends over for a intimate, little BBQ and look forward to sharing some outside tableware pictures with you.  Can't believe it's Monday already but looking forward to the short work week. 

This week's color inspiration is "Red".  To be honest, I'm not a big fan of the color because I tend to lean towards softer colors.  I can remember growing up, my mom had our living room decorated in all red.  Red sofa, red walls, red carpet . . . RED!

When I think of ways to describe this color, I think classic; like a great red lipstick or nail polish.  Red is a royal color; powerful, strong and fierce. It's hot.  It is used to make a statement and to draw attention.  For example, a red stop sign, a hydrant, a fire truck and Santa Clause (lol).

I can appreciate some looks with hints of red.  Take a look at some inspiration photos I put together as well as my fashion inspiration board.



White drapes with red trim and accessories.  Paired with a red lattice chair (Elle Décor)


Add a pop of color with this red/orange paint color against white trim (Image via DexKnows)


Pretty red floral wallpaper design.  Love it with the white and pale gray. (Image credit)



Cheer up this crisp white kitchen with red chairs (Image via House Beautiful)


How fun is this red claw tub and the red and white wallpaper. 
Such a classic look in this bathroom design
(image via here)
Go bold in your laundry room with a pair of red washer and dryer.
(Image credit)



1// Victoria Beckham wearing a white coat with her red Hermes bag
2// Woven Puff Sleeve blazer (Charlotte Russe)
3// Red and gold earrings (Etsy)
4// Alex maxi dress (love) by Ella Moss (Anthropologie)
5// Red sandals (Bloomingdales)
6//  Starstitch Eyelit Shell Tee (Madewell)

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment