Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

SUNCARE FOR FACE AND BODY

For me, warmer weather means getting my tan on!  Fortunately, I have olive skin, so I tan very easily.  But I still take precaution when it comes to my skin.  I always wear sunscreen. 

Some people are mislead that if you apply sunscreen, you won't get a tan.  So untrue!  Sunscreen helps prevent the sun's ultraviolet (UV) rays from reaching your skin.  There are two types of ultraviolet radiation:  UVA and UVB.  These can damage your skin and lead to skin cancer.  When shopping for sunscreens, look for UVA and UVB protection. 

Here are some of my favorites:

For the Body:

One of my all time favorites is the Water Babies by Coppertone.  Yes! I use baby sunscreen and love it!  It's also waterproof and smells great.


Coppertone Water Babies

For the Face:

If you can splurge (around $85.00), La Mer has a wonderful SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid sunscreen for the face. 


La Mer SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid


Another brand of sun care products I recommend are by Shiseido.  They are one of the oldest skin and beauty care companies and the fourth largest cosmetics company in the world.  I have been using their Sun Protection Lotion+ for a few years now and feel safe knowing my skin is being protected.  It's not a super thick lotion and has a nice sheen to it and smells so good. 

Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion+ SPF50+ ($39.00)

This next product is new for me.  I wanted something for the face only.  It's oil free and it's great for those that get acne from other sunscreen products.  I know for me personally, sometimes with the warmer weather, my pores get clogged from putting so much moisturizer on my face.  This product is perfect for me.  Here's the description:

Description:

An oil-free daily protector with UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum Protection. Protects against 3 major causes of skin cell damage: UV Rays, oxidation and over production of sebum. This ultra-light formulation spreads smoothly and contains mineral powders and herbal extracts to maintain a pore-free and shine-free finish.

  • Formulated with Shiseido's highly effective multi-defense sun protection system and advanced skincare ingredients which prevent damage and free radical production.

    • Suitable for oily skin types.
    Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum SPF 42 ($30.00).
     This product is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
    To learn more about Shisedo products, you can check their website here:

    A less expensive product, but still great, is the Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen by Neutrogena.  I've tried the SPF70 version.  It's a light weight, non-oily finish.  I've used it on my face because it's oil free.  Neutrogena is #1 Dermatologist recommended.  They have a complete suncare line worth checking out here

    Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen by Neutrogena


    I'd love to hear some of your best picks for sunscreens.

    xo,

    No comments:

    Post a Comment