Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

INSPIRATION COLOR OF THE WEEK: SHADES OF PURPLE

I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We had beautiful weather and it was nice to be outdoors. With that being said, I was inspired by a particular color blooming in our garden. . .

The color inspiration for this week is purple; in hues from plums, to violets and lavenders. 
 
So, what do we know about purple?  It comes from a combination of red and blue; total opposites.  Red is fiery and full of energy.  Blue relaxing and calm.  The color purple is an uplifting color and calm at the same time. 
 
When I think of the color purple, I think spirituality, bravery and a higher power.  During the season of lent, the priests and bishops wearing purple robes.  For those soldiers wounded in battle, the United States Military awards them with The Purple Heart.  And, in Thailand, widows wear the color purple when mourning.
 
Image via Wikipedia.com
 
 
When I think of the color purple, I am inspired by these things:
 
 



Choward's Violet candy.  Memories from my childhood and still loving the taste!  I felt like an adult eating these.  To me, they were grown up candy.  I guess because it was an acquired taste and smell. 

I felt like an adult eating these.  To me, they were grown up candy.  I guess because it was an acquired taste and smell. 
Beautiful, Elizabeth Taylor and her famous violet eyes (image)
And for those of us that weren't blessed with violet eyes, you can play up your eye lids with purple shadows. 

Makeup by ilovemyaddiction via MakeupGeek

 
Here are some purple fashion looks from Forever21:
 

Outfits via Forever21 (images from left to right):  1// 2// 3// 4
 
Inspiration pictures of purple hues in the home:

Designer, Amy Morris via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles




Loving this room.  It looks so peaceful and relaxing with soft shades of purple in artwork, a throw, accent pillows and bench.  Pairs nicely with pops of brighter colors (like the turquoise and yellow in this pic).
Designer, Amy Morris via Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles

I have no idea what the purple flowers are that bloomed in our backyard but love them!  Any idea what they could be?  The image with the frog is Burgandy Glow (Ajuga Reptans) Groundcover.  They have little purple flowers blooming this time of year.  My sister calls this groundcover, "the cabbage" (lol).  She likes the cabbage. 

The scary part is, when I can't remember the real name, I call it the cabbage. 

Lavender colored flowers from the chives in our garden (had no idea they flower!);
Catmint in our stone ledge, planting beds
xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment