Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2014

ROOMS THAT INSPIRE: Our Christmas Tablescape for 2014

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend.  It was officially the last weekend to shop for Christmas.  The traffic was insane in New Jersey, with last minute shoppers (including myself).  Every year, for the past four years I have said I'm going to get my shopping done way early!  And, yet, here I am. . .  I also needed to decorate our tree and set up our dining room for our Christmas tablescape (ok, take a breath and sigh). 

I am so looking forward to the short work week.  I feel so burnt out; especially with a new puppy.  But, it's a good thing because our Montgomery ("Monty") is the love of our lives.  We look forward to our weekends with him because we get to spend more time with Monty. 

Today's Rooms that Inspire, I wanted to share with you our dining room tablescape.  If you had the chance to decorate early, this might be a little late for you this year.  But hopefully, this will inspire you to create a look for your table next year.  

My inspiration for this table was a pair of candlestick holders and a kitchen towel I purchased at Anthropologie. I love silver and gold and it was only fitting to create a tableware with that in mind.  I added a deep purple for that contrast in color.  And, that came last minute, during my flower run.  I spotted ranunculus in the deepest purple and thought it would look lovely with the soft white palette of my other flowers.

Just so you know, this look was literally created yesterday.  I whipped this table and decorated the tree in one day.  I NEVER create a tablescape in a day.  I did create an idea of it in my head for a few weeks (lol). But, like I've stated before, I just did not have the time to fit it in beforehand and the anxiety was building to get it done.  So, I'm happy to share my table with you!

These are the candlesticks and a glimpse of the kitchen towel
(that I used as a placemat) from Anthropologie.  Ornament from Pottery Barn

Dinner plate from Crate and Barrel (old); dotted dessert plate - HomeGoods;
Star napkins (H&M Home Store); flatware (One Kings Lane); gold bowl - CB2
















 








 
Here are a couple of shots of me and Monty in front of the tree.  I'll try to take better shots of our tree in detail.  More to come.
 



Thanks for stopping by. I truly appreciate it. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy holiday!

xo,

 

No comments:

Post a Comment