Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

FASHION: My Look for the Office


****

F-R-I-D-A-Y!!!  It has been a long week and a frustrating week - commute wise.   I really struggle and battle with this long, two hour commute home when it shouldn't take that long.  I feel so rushed to get home, take the pups out for their walk, cook for them, clean up, throw in some play time and before I know it, it's time for bed.

I do enjoy working in NYC but wish I didn't have to commute.  I wish I could just plug in my work address and zap myself there.  Working in NYC, I enjoy picking out my outfit to wear at the office.  With springtime weather, it calls for lighter and softer looks.

Lately, my color choices for Spring have been just that . . .  lighter and softer color tones.  Wearing black all year long has been a staple of mine but I'm slowly transitioning and expanding my wardrobe with a neutral color palette.

I purchased a couple of months ago, the 3/4 sleeve cardigan, in "berry mousse" from Ann Taylor (on sale).  I usually pair a cardigan with a dress or skirt.  You can add a blazer as well.  I'm loving the Silk Lace Trim Cami from Express but need it to go on sale!  This cami would be perfect for summer.    Another favorite of mine is this Textured midi skirt from Mango.  I have several white skirts and this one is on my wish list (if it goes on sale).  And, how cute is the Leather Shoulder bag from Ted Baker in baby pink.  I love the feminine look of this handbag.  A new sandal to try is from Chinese Laundry.  The 'Lavelle' Ankle strap sandal is kind to your wallet ($79.95).  And, the criss-cross design is different than the other versions on the market (i.e., Stuart Weitzman, Manolo Blahnik, Aldo).

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Happy shopping!

xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment