Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

ROOMS THAT INSPIRE

Hope you had a nice weekend.  I was a busy bee this weekend; crossing items off my never-ending "to do" list.  One of them being, dedicating a chunk of my time listing items on eBay.  It has been on my mind for a while now but I just wasn't motivated to do it.  While it does take a lot of time, (taking pictures, posting them and writing a description), once I was on a roll, it wasn't that bad.  If you want to take a look at the items I currently have, you can see them here.  I plan on posting more items soon.

Moving on . . . let me share this week's post on Rooms that Inspire.  Today I'm talking about Designer, Tobi Fairley.  I've seen her work on Pinterest but I really noticed her design work when I read the November/December edition of Traditional Home.  The room was a classic black and white design with shades of pink.  To add a punch of color to that space, a set of green glass lamps were displayed to complete the look; like a beautiful set of earrings to dress up your look.

Not to keep you hanging, here's a picture of the space:


Everything about this space is jaw dropping.  It's so Coco Chanel; masculine with just the right feminine touches.  I LOVE THIS ROOM!

 

 
Traditional Home Magazine predicted: “Tobi will be like Cher or Oprah, one of those women for whom one name says it all.”

From the designs I've seen in her portfolio, I have to agree. 

Take a look at some of my favorites:

If you couldn't tell, I tend to lean towards a softer color palette in a space.  Tobi's eye for design is so amazing.  From the artwork, accessories, paint colors and design patterns. Love!



One thing I'm obsessing over is a lady bust.  I need one in my life right now.


 
 
Love the pop of blue used in this space.
 

 
The wallpaper in this entry space makes a statement but not too bold because of the softness.
 

This chest has me inspired to create a similar look in my home.
  I love the lamp choices Tobi uses in each of her designs and her flower arrangements.
 





This bedroom design is so peaceful and serene. 
Just think how calm and relaxed you would be in this bedroom.  It's like a dream. 

High gloss powder room is so fab!  I could never be bold enough to do something like this.
 

Wallpaper design choices are perfect picks.
 

 
Want to see more of Tobi Fairley's portfolio?  Click here
 
xo,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment