Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

ROOMS THAT INSPIRE

Hi all!  Hope you had a nice weekend.  I had a busy weekend, running errands, hanging out with friends and getting my chores done.  And, with a short work week, it will be crunch time at work and at home.  Looking forward to spending time with family this Thanksgiving. 

On today's Rooms that Inspire, I'm sharing one of my favorite Canadian, award-winning designers, Sarah Richardson.  She recently launched her latest book, Sarah Style.  While I added this to my Christmas wish list, I couldn't wait and purchased it myself! 

 
 
 
In the book, Sarah has some of her amazing and lavishly illustrated designs.  I love it because I can stare at every little detail and can refer to it again and again.  Now, I don't have to fill my dvr with Sarah's episodes (lol).
 
Sarah always comes up with innovative and creative ideas.  Her love for antique shopping and creating unique looks is something I always admire.  She inspires me to appreciate vintage items and see the beauty and life it once brought to another home. 
 
In the book, Sarah takes you, room by room looks and step-by-step.  She has great tips and ideas we can use to incorporate in our home.
 

 Here are some of my favorites:


 I love the way Sarah incorporates tile in the foyer of homes.  Whether a small or large foyer, she makes is a point to define the entrance space to the rest of the home. 





I love the piping details on this chair.







This is such a pretty and sophisticated space.




 
Sarah is a genius when it comes to picking out and designing the layout for tiles.
 
 


 
 
This book would make a great gift for someone who has a love for design, loves Sarah Richardson or just enjoys looking at pretty homes.
 
For more of Sarah's work, you can check out her website, Sarah Richardson Design
 
xo,
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment