Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Follow up to Perfume Selection

So I hit Bloomies yesterday (since it's so close to my job).  I tried both the Marc Jacobs Honey and the Jour d'Hermes.  So disappointed because I didn't like either of them.  The Marc Jacobs Honey was more for 20-30 year old (fun, fresh, sweet).  The Jour d'Hermes just wasn't for me (nothing like the sample I tried in the magazine).  I also tried the new Tory Burch perfume.  It was too strong for me but was told it's becoming a big hit. 

I decided to try my luck at the various fragrances Hermes has in their collection.  The saleswoman was very helpful and nice.  She asked me what scent am I currently wearing and I told her (Coco).  So, she picked out a few that she thought I might like.  The one that smelled nice on me was the
HERMÈS Elixir des Merveilles Eau de Parfum Natural Sprayances.  Below is the description:

Eau des Merveilles tells the tale of an imaginary journey at HERMÈS, the feet on the ground, the head among the stars. A modern fairy tale, bursting with charm and mystery. The perfume of enchantment, capturing the spirit of wood, the memory of the oceans and the sparkle of a constellation. Elixir des Merveilles reveals itself provocative and gourmand.

Woody, amber.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/hermes-elixir-des-merveilles-eau-de-parfum-natural-spray?ID=653723&CategoryID=14716&LinkType=#fn%3Dspp%3D7

The next was Kelly Cache.  There's something about this scent that intrigues me.  I hated the smell at first.  One of the ingredients is leather and that was overpowering at first.  I then let it settle in and it started to soften.  Although I am hesitant about purchasing a bottle, I would love to get my hands on a sample to try for a few days (they were out of samples).

With a name expressing the encounter of two HERMÈS emblems—Kelly, the leather handbag, and calèche, signature of the House—Kelly Calèche summons an untamed allure, a free spirit. The fragrance is a novel of fantasy and surprise: an unexpected caress of leather among generous floral harmony.

Leather, floral.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/hermes-kelly-caleche-eau-de-parfum-natural-spray?ID=653724&CategoryID=14716&LinkType=#fn%3Dspp%3D19

So, my decision is to stick with Coco or try the Hermes Merveilles.

No comments:

Post a Comment