Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Shopping for a New Perfume

One of my "signature" scents the past couple of years has been Coco Chanel, eau de parfum. 

http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Fragrance-Coco-COCO-88331/sku/88332

When I wear this, I can't tell you how many compliments I get.  When I tell them it's Coco Chanel they are shocked!  Almost everyone that has purchased this perfume says it "stink"s when wear it.  I'm not sure if they are buying the eau de parfum or the toilette spray.  Oh well, it works for my body chemistry so it's been a keeper.

I'm down to the last few sprays and need to purchase a new bottle.  And then I get the Bloomingdales catalog, Beauty Benefits.  I flip through the catalog and come across new fragrances.  I like when they have the sample page, so I can smell it right away (or get a sense of the smell).

The first that caught my attention is Jour d'Hermes http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/hermes-jour-dhermes-set?ID=838292&CategoryID=14716#fn%3Dspp%3D4.  Here are the details: Holiday season endorses its true meaning with Fêtes en Hermès. Each year, Hermès opens a door to its imagery in a unique way. The "Échec au Roi" pattern by Benoît-Pierre Emery expresses the Hermès creation theme of the year: A sporting life. This composition of graphical architecture takes us to the heart of a game of chess.

And, the second is Honey by Marc Jacobs.  It's such a cute little bottle with bees.  Marc Jacobs always has a fun look to his perfume bottles.
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/product/marc-jacobs-honey-eau-de-parfum?ID=768151&CategoryID=14716#fn=BRAND%3DHERMÈS;;Marc Jacobs%26spp%3D1%26ppp%3D96%26sp%3D1%26rid%3D81%26spc%3D92  Here are the details:  Honey by Marc Jacobs is a sunny, delicious floral—energetic and alluring with a sparkling, golden touch. The perfect mix of brightness and warmth.

The fragrance energizes with the freshness of green pear brightened with a splash of fruity punch and juicy mandarin. At the heart of the fragrance is orange blossom, a note of sparkling femininity that mingles with nectars of honeysuckle and peach. Honey, vanilla and smooth woods dry down to a warm, golden base.

Top notes – Pear, Juicy Mandarin
Mid notes – Orange Blossom, Peach Nectar, Apricot, Honeysuckle
Base notes – Honey, Golden Vanilla, Smooth Woods

I'm not a big fan of strong or overpowering perfumes, so I'm VERY picky when it comes selecting a perfume. 

Another new perfume (exclusive to Bloomies) is by Tory Burch.  Not sure how this smells but have to check it out.

A rule of thumb . . . when I shop for a perfume I spray it on a card first (in case I hate it on my wrist or hand).  I give it a few minutes before smelling.  If I like it, then I ask them to spray it on my wrist.  Then I tell them I am going to walk around the store and browse and see how the perfume has settled on me.  If I love it, I go back.  If I'm still not sure, I will give it a day or night to decide if this is the perfume for me.  If I'm still thinking about it, I hit the store and make my purchase. 

I try not feel pressured into buying something right on the spot.  Perfume is expense now a days and I want to make sure it's something I will love.  What are some of your favorite perfumes?

Bloomingdales is having their Beauty Benefits starting October 17 (Loyallists get Triple Points on that day) and Double Points every day.  The event runs October 17-27, 2013.  And, Bloomingdales is offering a great tote.  They are offering two colors: black or bronze with a "fierce leopard-print lining".  It's free with your purchase of $125.00 or more in cosmetics and fragrances. 
http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/beauty?id=2921&cm_sp=NAVIGATION-_-TOP_NAV-_-beauty-n-n





No comments:

Post a Comment