Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2013

DESTINATION . . . CHICAGO (Part 1)


A few weeks ago, the hubby and I took a vaca to Chicago.  This trip was my idea.  And why Chicago, do you ask?  Well, I've heard a lot about the great city of Chicago.  Working in NYC all my life, I decided to see what all the hype was about. 

Let's talk about our hotel. . . O-M-G!  The Radisson Blu Aqua in downtown Chicago.  You get views of the Magnificent Mile; views of Chicago's iconic Millennium Park; close proximity to nearby Lake Michigan and walking distance to anywhere we wanted to go. This is such a great looking hotel (love the look of the waves in this design).  And, what's even more fabulous, it is the tallest hotel to have a woman as the lead architect.  Her name is (Jeanne Gang).  This was her first skyscraper project.  The building is 82 stories and part of it is residential.  Some of the rooms have terraces; there are gardens, gazebos, pools, hot tubs, a walking/running track and fire pits.  Here are a few pics of the hotel. 


Picture I took of the wave design.  Isn't it cool?







Have a seat


Shouldn't all our accessories be displayed on a lighted stand? LOL


Hotel check in area



 










This lovely wall feature covered one wall above the fireplace












Husband:  Why do you keep adding pics of me to your blog??
Me:  Because you're so handsome (lol)
 
 
Stay tuned for Part 2, where I'll share pics of our touring in Chicago.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment