Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

END OF SUMMER, GARDEN PARTY: LADIES LUNCHEON

This past Saturday, I hosted a luncheon for some of my lady friends.  Call it an, "End of Summer, Garden Party".  It was a great excuse to gather around and catch up on things.  My theme was: "All Things Pretty".  Whether it was a pretty dress, pretty decorations, décor, food display or our pretty little selves, we celebrated it all!

Special thanks to my talented sister over at Design by Occasion, who created the invitations for my gathering.  It was the right touch of floral and whimsy I was looking for.  Thanks sis!


My design for this gathering was feminine, floral and whimsical.  From vintage style napkins, lace table cloths, birdcages and a hot air balloon; with colors of blush, cream, green, white and gold. 

When hosting your next event, think about the theme you want to create. It's always a good idea to plan ahead. I like to give myself a month or so, because I may change things up as I'm creating my look.  Also, think about your menu for the amount of guests you will be having.  And, as many times as I feel I won't have enough food, I end up having leftovers. But, I would rather have leftovers, then the nil.

With all the planning and prepping, there are some things you can't control. The first is the weather. If hosting an outside event, the weather may not be in your favor. Make sure to have a back up plan (moving it inside or have tents set up if your don't have any overhang protection). Second, there will be last minute cancellations or no shows from your guests.  Those things are expected and out of your control.  Do your best to make any last minute adjustments without stressing. 

I have to admit, while it was A LOT of planning and prepping, I wouldn't think twice about doing it again.  I loved every minute of the planning process and happy with the end result.  I love seeing everything come to fruition.  Although, next time, I would love to spend less time in the kitchen and enjoy more time with friends.  But, my friends were there to pitch in and help! 

Special dedication to new friends and old.  I enjoyed the great company, filled with laughter and fun.  Love you ladies! 

Take a look at some of the highlights captured from that day. 


Now, for the full reveal:

Setting up . . .





Checking things twice (okay, maybe more than twice)


Looks right. Feels right.  Okay, I'm ready! 





As favors for my guests, each one received an African Violet miniature plant
 

Ceramic tags via CB2


My friends from work, who also happen to live in New Jersey


 
Vintage style glasses in pink from Crate and Barrel (no longer available in this color)



Gold flatware via One Kings Lane; vintage napkins via Ebay, clear plates via IKEA,
blush plates via Crate and Barrel, and doilies via Jo Ann's Fabric
 
Loving seeing them laugh.  Brings a smile to my face.


 
 
My dear, sweet friend, Annie took this photo (thank you). 
Her daughter, Abbie joined the ladies for this shot!  Isn't she a cutie?!

 
 
 

Event styling: Yours truly
Invitations:  Design by Occasion
Birdcages: Michael's Craft Store
Fabric for tables:  side table (white lace tablecloth via H&M Home); dinner table, Jo Ann's Fabric
Flowers: Trader Joe's, Metropolitan Plant Exchange and some from our garden
Pink and white striped straws: HomeGoods in Delaware (stopped there while vacationing in Rehoboth)
Gold keys:  Marshalls
30 inch pink balloon and net: BonFortune (Etsy)
Photography:  Yours truly, Mr. D and Katie Leonard

xo,
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Pretty details, sis. Glad you liked the invitations and it looks like you girls had a very nice time! By the way, love the ceramic name tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First and foremost, thank you Jo Ann for hosting such a lovely event. Your attention to detail is amazing and everything from the invites to the favors were impeccable . . . but then again, everything you touch turns out beautifully. Love you.

    ReplyDelete