Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

FRIDAY . . . But Not a Happy One

Image via Ophra.com

Hello!  I hope everyone had a good week.  I received some upsetting news earlier this week.  A loved one has passed away and he will be missed.  We will be heading to South Jersey this weekend to attend the funeral services and burial.  Today, will be the first evening of his wake.

My dear friend Millie, who is like family to me, lost her father, Robert Grote.  Although he was sick; in pain and suffering, losing a loved one is never an easy thing.  He was a great man; soft spoken with a sweet smile; funny and crazy!  One memory I have of  "Bobby"; he always walked around the house with his hand held radio; he loved that radio.  He also loved his family and they love him. 

And, while I'm looking forward to seeing my other "family" and goddaughter, I hate that it's under these conditions.  Which got me thinking . . . we get so wrapped up in our day to day lives, weeks, months and years go by before spending any time with the people we care about.  We make excuses for making the trip . . . whatever they may be.  Why (Jo Ann)?

We all know, at some point in our lives, it will be out time to go.  For some, it's sooner than later; expected or sudden.  Some have experienced death and "saw the light" but came back.  Some are afraid of the unexpected and some embrace it.  Where we go, we all have our beliefs.  But, that discussion is too deep; even for me.

Here's an article I read on Ophra.com, entitled, "5 Things the Dying Want Us to Know". 

Do you remember that movie, "Ghost"? I always think about that movie (with Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore, and Whoopi Goldberg).  I think there is some truth to that movie (or so I believe). 

Life is mystery to be lived . . .

xo,






No comments:

Post a Comment