Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

ROOMS THAT INSPIRE

Did everyone enjoy the weekend?  I pretty much remained low key for most of the weekend.  Did a little clothes shopping and started getting little gifts for the Christmas holidays (yeah, I'm going to try and start early). 

On the home front, Mr. D was busy cleaning all our windows and screens (isn't he the best).  They are spotless and streak-free.  I was busy washing and steaming some curtains in the guest room.

Switching things up for you this Monday with a new series I'd like to call: Rooms that Inspire.  I'm always inspired by interior design and decorating; or simply admiring.  There are many different styles that inspire me to incorporate a similar look to our home.  And, it doesn't have to be big purchases or big items.  A simple throw pillow, accessory or color palette, inspire me to create my own design. 

Check out this week's room inspiration:

While I'm not a fan of the paint color, the front door and Cambria quartz floor with contrasting inlay is beautiful.

Designer Jane Lockhart


This room has me at a standstill.  I love the way the designer incorporated darker shades to this dining room area, balancing it with the white and taupe.  It's a mix of traditional and contemporary.  While the wall color is dark, the room is fresh and light.

J. Hirsch Interior Design. 
Wall color:  Benjamin Moore Iron Mountain
For those loving the look of black and white, here's an entrance room to admire.  I love the trim paneling on this wall; adding architectural interest.
 
Design by Nest Design Studio
 
 
I'm a huge fan of wallpaper and love the scale and color of this one, perfectly done in this powder room.  Makes a big impact in this small space.
 
 

What a sophisticated and cozy room; love the different textures in this space.  The color palette is elegant, soft and calm.

 Lily Mae Design.
Wall color:  Benjamin Moore, Revere Pewter (which I have in my home and love)


xo,

No comments:

Post a Comment